Thursday, March 12, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen does Nature: Day 4 Leaf Nail Art

Hey there!  It's Day 4 of The Digit-al Dozen Nature Week.  I hope you can tell that for today's mani I tried to create dew drops on leaves.  This was something I'd been wanting to do for awhile and it was so much fun to try!



For the base, I started with 2 coats of China Glaze Gaga For Green which I thought I'd share here.


After that, everything else was freehanded.  I first did a light saran wrap effect with Color Club Mad About Mint, a lighter green and Dance Legend Fresh 74, a shimmery green.  The leaf veins were painted with China Glaze Grass is Lime Greener and Dance Legend 377.


Then, for the dew drops, I first tried using Lucy's Stash fantastic one stroke water drops tutorial with white and dark green acrylic paint.  Turns out she makes it look way easier than I could do it so I had to go back in and mess with them a bit.  But I'm really proud of how they turned out.  I showed anyone that would look!


In these last two photos, I tried to create a bit of a 3D effect by mattifying them with OPI's matte top coat and then dropping on some old, thick, goopy top coat on top of the water drops.  You can kind of see the effect on my ring finger and pinky because the top coat got bubbles in it which is kind of cool.



The other ladies of The Digit-al Dozen are absolutely rocking this week.  See what they've come up with today with the links below.

'Til next time...



No comments: