Monday, November 23, 2015

UberChic Beauty Christmas Plate Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Okay I don't try to hide my love of UberChic Beauty's products and I'm lucky enough to be able to review her products sometimes, including her first Christmas plate that I'm sharing here today.  I know it's not quite Thanksgiving for those of you in the US but, here in Canada, we celebrate Thanksgiving in October so I can totally rock the holiday manis already.  I must not be alone because this plate has already proven very popular!  I've done three manis with it that I'm posting today (and plan on doing another one tonight).  This plate is going to be high rotation for me for the next month, that's for sure.  Keep reading to find out all the details.      


Here's a scan of the Christmas-01 plate that I received.  While it is unmistakably a holiday plate, there's enough general winter-images on it (those snowflakes!) that I could see myself using it until spring.  I like that there's a mix of secular and non-secular images as well since not everybody celebrates Christmas, per say.  The plate measures 9.5 x 14.5 cm with the full nails images measuring approximately 17 x 21 mm.  There's also a ton of smaller individual images on this plate that could make some awesome holiday manis.


For the first mani I'm sharing, I wanted something that looked a bit like gift wrap.  I made decals with Mundo de Unas Gold and filled in the squares alternating between A England Perceval and Nubar Greener.  I applied the decal over a coat of Maybelline Bold Gold (in case there were any bald patches).  



The second mani I did isn't just for Christmas, it's wearable all winter.  I cannot tell you enough how much I LOVE that UberChic chose to include a negative space snowflake image on this plate.  I love negative space images because they let cool base polishes shine through.  I used a base color of FUN Lacquer 24 Karat Diamond, a silver holo glitter, and then stamped the negative space snowflakes with Mundo de Unas Black and finished with HK girl.  Love love love!  



How cool does this look in macro!  It's magical!


I ended up doing some reverse leadlighting of the snowflakes but didn't write down which sheer polishes I used.  Looks like Esmaltes da Kelly Soap Bubbles to me but I can't say for sure.  I think I liked it better as just silver anyway.  


For my third and final mani with this plate I wanted to try a simple 1 color base/1 color stamp mani.  The base color is two coats of Zoya Carly that I then stamped with Essie No Place Like Chrome, matte'ed with OPI matte top coat.  The wording fit pretty much perfectly on my nails which are approx. 1 cm wide in case you're wondering if they'll fit yours. 



Currently this plate is out of stock BUT it looks like it should be back in stock on Friday - that's plenty of time to get this plate in time for the holidays.  In the product link below there's also a link to get signed up for notifications for the restock which could be a good idea.  Looks like this plate is very popular, for good reason!  

Price: $14.99 USD
Available on UberChic Beauty's website

'Til next time...


No comments: