Saturday, October 1, 2016

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Earth Tones

Hey there!  Sadly, it's the end of the 40 Great Nail Art Ideas challenge and I'm proud to say that I did every single week.  Some were a struggle but I did it!  We're hoping to do another challenge soon which makes me so happy.  I love having to come up with ideas to fit specific themes.  The final color prompt for the current challenge was earth tones which goes great with the autumn weather.  I had the prompt of water color which I thought would turn out awesome.  These didn't turn out like I expected but I suppose they are a blurry representation of Edmonton's lovely river valley so I'm trying not to think they're all bad.



To do these I started with a base of OPI You're So Vain-illa.  After top coating it, I used a whole bunch of polishes diluted with acetone to create the water color look.  The polishes I used were:

Zoya Flynn
Zoya Louise
NYC Brownstone
Zoya Tilda
Zoya Hunter
OPI Uh-Oh Roll Down The Window
Misa Silly Daffodils
Dance Legend 306

It's funny how often I go to certain polishes for certain looks.  I rarely use Silly Daffodils or Uh-Oh Roll Down The Window but come autumn, they're in almost all my nail art looks.  That makes them smart purchases, right?


I went out with one of my friends when I was wearing these.  He always checks out my nails and when he saw these he said "sludge?"...how embarrassing!  I'll be sure to wear something more typically pretty next time I see him.  But my officemate thought they looked like some stone earrings she has so at least she liked them!  



That brings us to the end of another Crumpet's Nail Tart's challenge.  We're hoping to get another one organized soon so stay tuned!  In the meantime, you can see the rest of the ladies who made it to the end of this challenge down below.

'Til next time...









No comments: