Monday, October 17, 2016

UberChic Beauty Collection 11 Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  I already have the next collection in hand (though I haven't had a chance to use it yet) and I'm only now sharing the UberChic Beauty Collection 11 designs I've done.  I know, I know, I should really be more on the ball.  UberChic started by releasing collections of 3 plates at a time and they will always have a special place in my heart.  While I do like the more specific themed plates, I really love the collections that have a little of something for everybody.  Collection 11 is just that - a great mix of everything!


As mentioned, UberChic Beauty's collections all have 3 plates.  Each plate measures 9.5 x 14.5 cm with a variety of sized images.  The most common full nail images are 17 x 21 mm but there's smaller individual images and a few large buffet style images.  I did two manis with each plate that I'll share below, along with a scan of the actual plates I received.  I didn't have any issues transferring any of the images but, as a heads up, the supplier of the blue film seems to have changed and it might leave a residue on the plates.  Don't panic though, like I did.  It is easily removed with acetone.  

11-1  


My first design looks like it's straight out of spring in the 80's.  I randomly sponged the colors from pipe dream polish Mellowed Out Cremes collection over Unwind and stamped that with Mundo de Unas Black and then White.  This one is tied for my favourite design of the day.  And I loved these colors so much that I've already done another mani with them.  I should probably save them...but that would be way less fun.  



I haven't done any leadlighting in ages so I wanted to do some for this floral image.  I used Colors by Llarowe Chasing A Unicorn as my base, stamped with Mundo de Unas Black.  I did the leadlighting with Esmaltes da Kelly Soap Bubbles in Soft Roxo, Purple, Leaf, Moss and Yellow, topped with HK Girl.  



11-2


Is anyone else terrible at spacing?  I can never quite get proper spacing of glitter (or crystals, in this case) so I stamped with negative space polka dots with Mundo de Unas Black over Ella + Mila Pure Love (with the Medium Non-sticky Stamper, to avoid circle distortion).  I then placed red Swarovski crystals in all the white spots.  Since this image is negative space, it could be used in so many ways.  I'd recommend double stamping over something else or just over a glitter.  Who wouldn't love glitter polka dots?  



For these I wanted a subtle gradient stamped with rose gold.  I used Mrs. P's Potions Turbulence and Exposed (reviewed here) and stamped parts of the extra-large image with Essie Penny Talk.  I finished with HK Girl top coat.  



11-3


This is my other favourite today.  I used two coats of Delush Polish Tea Amor-etto (reviewed here) or three coats of FUN Lacquer Galaxy as the base.  I stamped with Mundo de Unas Bronze for the framing and Black for the butterflies which I then filled with Galaxy and transferred on.  I never would've been able to do this without clear stampers.  For this one I used the XL Clear Stamper with Holder. 



I love glitters in macro so here's a close up.  


Does anyone else remember when Zoya came out with these polishes with holo flakes in Winter 2012?  We all fell in love!  I used Storm and Aurora from that collection and Dream from the next year's and just painted them in messy stripes across my nail.  I tried to do a gradient but, sadly, their bases weren't pigmented enough for my lack of patience.  Over that I stamped with Essie No Place Like Chrome with the Medium Non-sticky stamper and finished with HK Girl.  



I apologize for the delay in getting this review up but hopefully you'll like some of the things I've come up with.  I've already used a couple of her newest plates so maybe I'll get one of those posted later this week so stay tuned!  


$24.99/collection
Available at UberChic Beauty

'Til next time...



No comments: