Thursday, March 23, 2017

Nail Challenge Collaborative - Black & White #1

Hey there!  I've only been a member of the Nail Challenge Collaborative group for a few months but it seems that I've been super consistent in leaving my posts until almost the end of the month.  This month we're doing a theme of Black & White and I knew right away I wanted to do some form of marble nail art.  I did a different one first but it was so bad I deleted all evidence of it.  But this one I liked enough to wear for days.  I liked how my Cindy hand turned out even more but didn't take a single photo of it so you'll have to take my word on it!

marble nail art

marble nail art

This marble look started with a base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  I then did a distressed water marble with pipe dream polish Atrament and Clearwater and rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle.  

marble nail art

I wanted this look to have some depth to it so I added two coats of a sheer white (OPI Don't Touch My Tutu) and then did the marbling with black and clear a second time.  The first layer might be a bit too hidden though so maybe one coat of the sheer white would have been better.   

marble nail art

Overall I was pretty happy with this marbled look.  I hope you like it too! 

marble nail art

More black & white nail art can be found below, from the rest of the crew in the Nail Challenge Collaborative.  Let's hope they're better at getting their manis posted  early than I am!

'Til next time...









No comments: