Thursday, April 13, 2017

Lina Nail Art Supplies Make Your Mark 04 and Feeling Shapely 09

Press  Sample

Hey there!  I'm so concerned with you all getting all the stamping plates that I have a last minute review of two of the new Lina Nail Art Supplies plates that are being released this Saturday, Make Your Mark 04 and Feeling Shapely! 09.  Lina's plates can be very popular so I wouldn't want you to miss out on these because they are incredibly interesting.  That sounds like a weird way to describe a plate but I think if you check them out you'll agree.  The Make Your Mark series always has really unique and popular images (so much so that I just used one of the previous plates in my earlier post today) but this Feeling Shapely plate is super clever.  I've tried to show a few of the interesting things you can do with it and I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of the possibilities.  I think if you look at the images on this plate you'll have to agree.


I won't bore you with me gushing over Lina Nail Art Supplies high quality.  I've done that before.  Since I first reviewed their plates, I've purchased several more.  I was immediately hooked.  The specifics of these plates are that they measure 9.5 x 14.5 cm.  Her images measure 17 x 22 mm and they are etched perfectly.  They come with a clear film on them instead of the standard blue film so be sure to remove that before you start!  



Make Your Mark is probably my favorite line of plates Lina has come out with.  I don't think I'm alone in that since they seem super popular (and rightfully so).  The first image that jumped out at me when I saw the preview of this plate is the skulls in the upper left corner so that was the first image I used.  I stamped them, as well the grunge-y image with Rica Blackout over Glam Polish If I Can Dream.  I topped it with a matte top coat.  I think the grunge image will look super cool double stamped.  



Since spring is in full swing, I wanted to use the cute flowers in a design.  I think they're so darn cute.  I used Picture Polish Mellow Yellow as a base, stamped with Mundo de Unas Black and leadlighted with Esmaltes da Kelly Wine, Blue and Green. 



My final Make Your Mark 04 mani looks like Valentine's Day but I don't think hearts and love are stuck to just one day a year.  I used a base of Mrs. P's Potions Obsidian and gradient stamped with Hit The Bottle Drop Red Gorgeous and Psycho Pink.  On my accent nail I also stamped the XOXO with Moonshine.  





Feeling Shapely! 09 has so many interesting images on them.  I hope I can explain my favourite things about this plate with the three manis I did.  One of the smart parts to is is in the lower left hand corner.  These stripes could be used alone or in any combination to make cool tribal manis.  Since I was rushed I just stamped them together as they appear on the plate.  I stamped Girly Bits Ambition with Essie Good As Gold.  This was so quick and honestly probably the best tribal mani I've managed to do to date.  



Another cool feature of these plate is all these mix and match geometric shapes that will look absolutely awesome layered.  There's so many possible combinations here.  I will definitely be playing with looks like this more.  Since Edmonton's beloved hockey team has made the playoffs for the first time in 11 years (yes, 11 long years) and I was watching the first game while I was using these plates last night, I had to include the teams colors.  This is Saly Hansen Pacific Blue (the original) stamped with Mundo de Unas White, Orange and Black.  



Feeling Shapely 09 has quite a few pseudo-gradient images on it which I think are genius.  They're patterns that go from more to less dense which gives you a gradient-like effect but in a pattern.  I used some of them in this mani though, keep in mind that the longer your nails are, the more dramatic it will appear.  My nails aren't that long so I can't fit that much of it on my nails.  For these I used a base of Essie Lilacism and stamped with Mundo de Unas Fantasy.  Please ignore my squished ring finger.  Don't you hate when you ruin a perfectly good mani like that?!  



Both of these plates will be released on Saturday April 15, 2017 at 12:01 am CST (that's midnight so if you're in a western time zone like me, it'll actually be Friday night).  Be sure to set your alarms since Lina Nail Art Supplies plates can be VERy popular.  There's also a Mad For Mandalas plate being released so you might want to check that one out too.  

$14.99 USD each
Available from Lina Nail Art Supplies

'Til next time...


No comments: